Capture-Sterilization-Release-Maintenance (CSRM) Program in Gatineau
The SPCA de l'Outaouais is pleased to implement a Capture-Sterilization-Release-Maintenance program for the management of feral cat populations on the territory of the City of Gatineau and in accordance with the municipal by-law in force.
**The program's pilot project currently covers only the Lambert Street area in Hull. Watch our Web site for updates on the program.**
What is a CSRM program?
A Capture-Sterilization-Release-Maintenance program goes through five steps:
- Identification and census of feral cat colonies;
- Capture of feral cats by our partners in the field and under the direction of the SPCA de l'Outaouais;
- Spaying and neutering by a veterinarian from the SPCA de l’Outaouais, as well as vaccinations and deworming, microchipping and left ear trimming, an international standard for identifying spayed and neutered cats;
- The release of the animal when deemed fit to return to its environment by the veterinarian of the SPCA de l'Outaouais, so that it can rejoin its colony;
- The maintenance of the conditions, with the collaboration of the partners in the field who will ensure monitoring of the community cats in their sector.
Your donations are invaluable and support the day-to-day work of our organization, including programs like this one. Help us make a difference in our community.