Capture-Sterilization-Release-Maintenance (CSRM) Program in Gatineau
The SPCA de l'Outaouais is pleased to implement a Capture-Sterilization-Release-Maintenance program for the management of feral cat populations on the territory of the City of Gatineau and in accordance with the municipal by-law in force.
**The program's pilot project currently covers only the Lambert Street area in Hull. Watch our Web site for updates on the program.**
What is a CSRM program?
A Capture-Sterilization-Release-Maintenance program goes through five steps:
- Identification and census of feral cat colonies;
- Capture of feral cats by our partners in the field and under the direction of the SPCA de l'Outaouais;
- Spaying and neutering by a veterinarian from the SPCA de l’Outaouais, as well as vaccinations and deworming, microchipping and left ear trimming, an international standard for identifying spayed and neutered cats;
- The release of the animal when deemed fit to return to its environment by the veterinarian of the SPCA de l'Outaouais, so that it can rejoin its colony;
- The maintenance of the conditions, with the collaboration of the partners in the field who will ensure monitoring of the community cats in their sector.