The SPCA de l'Outaouais is looking for a graduate animal health technician to join its dynamic team on a part-time basis!
Working with us means joining a professional environment where your opinion really counts and where you will be able to apply your knowledge to practical cases every day. We are looking for an autonomous person who cares about the well-being of animals and who works well in a team and with the public.
Because we value work-life balance, your schedule will exclude evenings and include only one weekend out of five!
APPLY NOW! Send your resume to
Job Title: Animal Health Technician (AHT)
Job Type: Part-time (16 to 24 hours/week)
Salary: Starting at $18/hour
Skills required :
- College diploma in animal health;
- Good physical condition: ability to work standing for long periods and to lift heavy loads on occasion;
- Bilingualism (an asset).
Desired characteristics :
- Autonomy and initiative;
- Concern for the well-being of the animals;
- Good management of stress and emotions;
- Punctuality and assiduity;
- Professionalism, proactivity and good judgment;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work with the public.
- Provide care to injured or ill animals;
- Evaluate the health of new animals and administer vaccines and antiparasitics;
- Perform triage of animals requiring veterinary examination;
- Assist the veterinarian in her examinations and operations;
- Monitor anesthesia and recovery of animals;
- Advise adopters and foster families on animal health issues;
- Participate in educating the public about animal management in the shelter;
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times.
- No evenings;
- Weekend rotation (approximately 1 in 5);
- Many flexible family vacations in addition to normal vacations
- Free adoption after 1 year of service
Do you have what it takes? Send your resume to
Share this job offer!