Follow us!

Animal negligence and or cruelty complaints

Published on May 15th 2018

Please note that for an indefinite period, any complaint of animal negligence or cruelty must be directed to the Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation du Québec (MAPAQ) at 1-844-animals.


Due to administrative delays on the part of MAPAQ, the inspection cards allowing SPCA inspectors in all the Province of Quebec to apply the provincial law have expired. We are waiting for the next renewal protocol. For the moment, it is impossible for us to intervene before the MAPAQ officially renews the contracts. It is their inspectors who have to take care of the complaints coming in.

However, the following municipalities have "animal control" type contracts with our organization and residents can call 819-205-2908 to report to us confidentially, cases of negligence or animal cruelty that will be dealt with under the provisions of their municipal by-law:

• All municipalities in the MRC des Collines except Notre-Dame de la Salette

• All municipalities in the Pontiac MRC

• Thurso

• Cayamant

• Lochaber

• Denholm

Thank you for your understanding. We will keep you informed of the situation.